Tuesday 5 October 2010

Mini Rave - LUSH Maple Taffy Lip Balm ♥

Lush Maple Taffy, A new LUSH christmas product.


Lush Says -
"The taste of this balm is unbelievably moreish. Mixed in with the syrup, we've added Japan and carnauba waxes with extra virgin coconut oil to form a moisturising layer on the lips and keep them safe from the nip of winter. "


I was on the search for good 'winter' lip balm and had read mostly positive reviews on lushes site for this product, so i popped into lush on my way back from work a few days ago and grabbed one.
A winter lip balm in my opinion needs to be thick, long lasting moisturising and also has to prevent my lips from cracking and peeling...this little tin was just what i was on the hunt for.

I have and love the Palmers Dark chocolate and peppermint lip balm that was in my previous monthly favourites post, but that has quite a thin consistency and i use that to just pop over lipsticks while on the go and I needed something to get me through the (...supposedly) harsh winter thats ahead!

My thaughts?
Just like all Lush lip balms the texture is very waxy, hard and thick, which i love as it really cotes the lips well and acts as a barrier against the icy wind, i find it works a treat under drying lipstick and fills in any lines in the lips, making lips look plumper and more healthy, almost acts as a good lip primer in a way!


This balm contains real Syrup, which makes it taste unusual...but i like it,
Ive never known a lip balm contain real syrup before!
It lasts a good 2 hours on my lips and even after its gone, my lips still feel soft a while after.

The smell is divine and is the thing that makes this lip balm so addicting to apply. Whenever i smell it, it makes me think of christmas!
The Scent is quite difficult to describe, i cant quite put my finger on it, its quite a spicy, sweet, sickly cakey scent, so being a major sweet lover, i adore it! Its not for everyone though, one of my friends said it made her feel nauseous, while another said it was yummy.
It really does remind me of butterscotch angels delight...
...Remember that stuff? yum.


The only downside to this balm is you really need to rub your fingers around for a minute to warm the product up as it is so thick and is almost a solid product. The texture is very similar to Lushes solid perfumes if youve ever tried any of them.

Ingrediends?
all good ofcourse!

Maple Syrup Extra Virgin
Coconut Oil Illipe Butter Japan Wax Extra Virgin Coconut oil (Cocos nucifera), Maple Syrup, Japan Wax (Rhus succedanea), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Illipe Butter (Shorea stenoptera), Carnauba Wax, Flavour, Glycerine.

Price?
A teeny tiny £2.50!
Its so cheap, ive stocked up on them to see me through winter (:

Will you be buying a tin?

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh this sounds lovely!! I was planning a lush trip tomorrow to buy some snow fairy and this might just happen to slip into my basket :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely. I'll have to pick up a tin. :)

    I'm doing a giveaway for a £25 gift voucher on my blog. If you or your followers are interested feel free to enter here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way this sounds AMAZING! i am definitely heading to Lush tomorrow after work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I picked up the Snow Fairy variation of this yesterday and I'm looking forward to trying it after reading this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good! I'll definitely have to get my hands on one - I have such an addiction to Maple Syrup, especially on Pancakes!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lush lip products are amazing. I'm not crazy about the texture, but the fact that they work as a primer...I think I'm sold. You have to try the sugar scrubs, they are the tastiest things in the world and they make your lips feel incredble x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh this sounds soo good!!

    I am definitly going to have to look at this when I go into Lush! My favourite flavour of Angel Delight was Butterscotch - yum :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,

    Really lovely post , I really enjoyed your blog.

    Stop by mine too if you can and if free to follow it if you enjoy it!

    Hope to see you soon.
    Pretty Portobello Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, this stuff is amazing! I have used their Honey Lip Balm and it works like a dream throughout the winter!

    ReplyDelete