Thursday 18 November 2010

London Makeup Haul/Splurge ♥

I'm so sorry, Ive been a terrible blogger and neglected my blog over the past couple of weeks, as ive been in London with my college course doing 'work' and by work i mean...shopping (:
I LOVE London for shopping. Even the thaught of Oxford street excites me as the shopping here in York isnt all that special and somewhat boring really, so being surrounded by hundreds of amazing shops is a real treat for me.
Every day i hopped on the underground (...Which, scares me alot!) and made my way to Oxford street and the first place i always headed to was Selfridges. I could quite litterally live in there!

I made a nice organised, relitivley small list of products that i wanted to get, determined not to spend over a certain amount - Did that happen...NO!
As soon as i stepped into the makeup part of selfridges, i went a bit crazy with spending (...considering i'm suppose to be on a makeup buying ban!) and if you have been there, you will understand how temping everything looks!
It might not be a splurge to some people but being a student, it is alot to me & my bank account is feeling the pain.


Heres what i got - I'll start with the things i got from other places first:

Korres Monoi Oil Bronzer 02 Sunglow Warm - £13
This was from Liberty, it was cheaper then what i expected it to be! Its not that much more than a drugstore bronzer really. I got this mostly for its moisturising properties, anything that claims to add moisture, i will buy! haha. Its a lovely colour bronzer aswell, not too red or too brown and has a little bit of shimmer in it, so it will be great for summer.

Mac full coverage foundation NW20 - £20
I got this from the Mac Pro Store, which is only round the corner from Liberty. I really need a full coverage foundation at the moment, My skin is not liking this weather and is deciding to go an unattractive shade of red. ew. This is basically like a concealer, but feels slightly lighter.

Now onto what i got at Selfridges...
Mac Pearl CCB - £13
Champeign cream highlighter. I was debating between this and Nars Copacabana, plumped for this as ive heard that the Nars one can drag off your other makeup when you apply it. I'm so happy ive finally got this as its been on my wishlist for a very long time.

Mac Fix+ - £11

This is my third bottle of this stuff, I havnt finnished my other bottle yet, but thaught i would stock up for winter. This is a HG for me, It just makes my makeup look alot fresher and more dewy + a bargin at £11...The Urban Decay one is around £17 and now where near as good!

Illamasqua Sob Cream Blusher - £16

I'm always hesitant to go to the Illamasqua counter at selfridges as everytime ive been there, a snooty sales assistant usually pounces on you every second you go near something. It puts me off. This time i had the sweetest guy, he let me actually look around and helped me when i asked. I asked him what cream blush he would recommend for fair skin with warm undertones and he pointed 'Sob' out to me and applied it to my cheeks. It really perked up my skin and looked really cute, like doll cheeks. I was sold.
Nars Luster Blush - £19.50.

I swatched this and fell in love. Its a pretty light apricot colour with bronzey shimmers. I dont think i have a blush like this. This was an impulse buy but its a lovey new addition to my Nars collection.
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Tender Rose - £30

I'm most excited about this product, Ive wanted this ever since Pixi2woo or Tanya (...Love her!) raved about it on one of her videos. Ive dabbled in mineral powders before, but found them too drying...i heard this leaves a dewy finnish and improves the skin overtime, so we'll see how it goes! For £30, it better do something good!

I think thats enough makeup for a while now, I'm going to try and not buy any more untill after christmas as i am now oficially skint!

Anyone else love Selfidges?


7 comments:

  1. Lol - us student beauty bloggers can't help yourselves from hauling, opps! You got some great stuff there, the illamasqua cream blush looks lovely and I'd love to know how you find the mac full coverage foundation xx Good to see you're back! I missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay your back! I have missed your posts so much! feels like you have been gone forever x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vivianna - thanks, i will do a review on it soon! & aww thank you! That means alot xx

    @ Charlotte - aw I know it seems like ages! I missed blogging so much, its strange how a couple of weeks can seem so long! back to normal now though (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo I really want to try the Mac fix and the concealer type thingy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyes are drooling over the mac foundation from the pro store.
    I used mac moistureblend for a long time but It got discontinued so I need to give this a try! :)
    What a FAB haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha WOW thats a whole lot of makeup! We dont have a selfridges up here in scotland :( I've got mac fix+ but really dont wear it as much as I should, I didnt really give it a chance to start off with - but it has been amazing especially in these winter months! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovveee my Pearl ccb :) Highlight,Eye brightener and eyeshadow base in 1 !!Yes please :) x

    ReplyDelete